Dynevor School in Swansea was established as a higher grade elementary school in Trinity Place in 1883, it transferred to new premises in Dynevor Place / De La Beche Street in 1894. Later in 1907 it was retitled the Swansea Municipal Secondary School for Boys, the buildings being extended in 1929 but later badly damaged during the Blitz of the town centre in 1941.
From 1944 to 1971 the school was known as Dynevor Grammar School, later becoming a senior comprehensive. school. 1978 saw it merged with the Llwyn-y-Bryn Girls School to become simply Dynevor School. In 2001 the School merged with Dillwyn-Llewelyn School to become the Dylan Thomas Community School. The school eventually closed for good in 2002.
The building themselves have found a new lease of life as part of the Swansea Metropolitean University.