A number of companies have operated rail links in and around the town.
The Great Western Railway company linking the town with London, The London Midland and Scottish Railway – LMS around the Docks and of course the Mumbles electric railway which held the honour of being the worlds first fare-paying passenger railway having started with horse-drawn carriages before the advent of Steam-power. The Mumbles railway ran between 1804 and 1960.
An early train operating on the Mumbles railway
Going to Mumbles in 1899
The demise of the LMS Railway station at St Thomas
Tracks around the town
High street station for the GWR Railway
25 October 1959 Near Weavers Flour mill on Quay parade
Midland Station Bridge Street
Bridge street 1961 demolishing the Midland Station
Midlands Railway Station St Thomas in 1910, it closed in 1950
Alexandra Road and High Street with the GWR station on the right, the fruit market would be to the left
Tawe Riverside railway